1965 Ford F100 Pick-Up Custom

Vehicle Details

Engine

460 CI

  • Trans

    Automatic

  • Color

    Yellow

  • Interior

    Gray

HIGHLIGHTS

  • 460 CI V-8 bored .30 over with SRP pistons

  • SCAT H-beam rods and Comp Cams double roller cam

  • Electronic fuel injection

  • Multiple award winner and magazine features with no expenses spared. Over $150,000 invested

  • This truck was originally from California and retained all of its original sheet metal

  • C6 transmission with 2800 stall

  • 9 inch 4-link rear with 31 spline axles

  • Front and rear boxed frame with QA1 coilovers

  • Air Conditioning

  • Power windows and power door locks also controlled with remote

  • Headlight delay system

  • 4 inch aluminum driveshaft

  • Wilwood disc brakes with six piston calipers, 13 inch rotors front and 14 inch rear

  • Rack and pinion steering

  • Jet Hot-coated Sanderson short tube headers with Flowmaster exhaust

  • Ron Francis wiring

  • HID headlights & LED tail lights

  • Custom painted flames including under the hood

  • Custom polished 20 gallon polished stainless steel fuel cell

1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Vehicle Details

Engine

426/425 HP

  • Trans

    4-Speed

  • Color

    Purple

  • Interior

    White

ESTIMATE

$350,000 - $500,000

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Factory Hemi Car

  • 426/425 HP V-8 engine

  • 4-speed manual transmission

  • Believed to be 23,124 miles

  • Factory high-impact color combination of FC7 In Violet Metallic with White bucket seat interior

  • Pistol grip shifter

  • Woodgrain dash and steering wheel

  • Rallye gauges

  • AM radio

  • 8-Track player

  • Dual side view mirrors

  • Power windows

  • Goodyear Polyglas GT tires

  • Owner's manual

  • Two fender tags

  • Three factory broadcast sheets

The crazy color choice was part of the era, and any 1970 Cuda painted in FC7 In-Violet Metallic was an eyeful. Of course, also optioning that Hemi engine beneath the argent Shaker scoop added to its mystique and to this car’s desirability today. The Hemi engine was already legendary by this time, and changes for 1970 in terms of cam design had made it more civilized for regular use. Nonetheless, this 426/425 HP V-8 engine retained its race-bred internal parts, 10.25:1 compression, a pair of 4-barrel Carter carburetors, H-pipe exhaust system and a fearsome reputation on Main Street. A fast mover by any measurement, this particular E-body Plymouth also features the desirable A34 Super Track Pak, alluding to the 4-speed manual transmission and 4.10 Dana 60 Sure Grip differential. Like all real Hemi cars, performance-level frame and suspension components were automatically packaged into the construction as well. The factory color combination is In-Violet Metallic with a white interior and graphics, which in this case includes the white Hemi side stripes on each rear quarter panel. Inside are high-back bucket seats, the Hurst Pistol Grip shifter, A62 Rallye dash appointments with tach, wood-grain-design trim and steering wheel, an AM radio with 8-track player and auxiliary rear speaker, power windows, and the A01 Light Group. Outside, this Cuda has the right stuff—dual sideview mirrors, rocker moldings, J45 hood pins, road lamps, chrome exhaust tips and “hemicuda” callout tags on the Shaker. The crowning touch is 15-inch Rallye wheels with Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, with the wheel wells additionally accented with thin chrome trim. Provenance for this car includes its owner’s manual, two fender tags and three factory broadcast sheets verifying its as-built status. At the time of its release, nobody knew that the E-body Hemi Cuda would last but two model seasons. Considered a pinnacle of the performance era, ownership of this car’s combination of color, driveline and optional equipment will be treasured by its next caretaker.

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air AIR IV D/Stock

Vehicle Details

Engine

400 CI

  • Trans

    4-Speed

  • Color

    Red

  • Interior

    Black

ESTIMATE

$300,000 - $500,000

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Factory-Backed Race Car

  • GTO Judge Ram Air IV Arnie 'The Farmer' Beswick D/Stock

  • Factory built Ram Air IV 4 speed Judge with documentation

  • Authenticated & signed by Arnie Beswick

  • Believed to be 1700 original miles

  • 400 CI V-8 Ram Air IV engine

  • Muncie close ratio 4-speed manual transmission

  • Carousel Red exterior

  • Black interior

  • Graphics & lettering by Dick Scully

  • Blacked out grille

  • Radio delete

  • Retractable headlamp covers

  • Safe T track rear end

  • American racing wheels

  • Firestone tires

  • Restoration photos and memorabilia

  • PHS documentation

  • This car was used to promote Pontiac's new Judge car line

Here came the Judge and a Farmer who could plow them under with it. One of just more than 300 built, any 1969 Pontiac Ram Air IV GTO Judge is special because of its limited production and collector desirability, but this one is more significant as it’s the car raced in sanctioned competition under the ownership of Arnie Beswick. Beswick was best known for his nitromethane-burning funny cars, but in the late ‘60s, many stars from that class were also involved in drag racing stock cars as well, even when they assigned other racers to drive them. This car is technically a factory-built drag-race car with PHS documentation, and it has been autographed by Beswick himself. In 1969, the 400 CI V-8 Ram Air IV engine was rated at 370 HP, but it was a big leap in cost at $389 more than the 366 HP RA III model. With special heads and valve gear, it was the most powerful engine from Pontiac offered at this displacement. An M21 Muncie close-ratio 4-speed manual transmission transfers power to a Safe-T-Track rear end with optional factory gearing installed behind it. First available early in the 1969 calendar year, this Judge features the Carousel Red exterior with both factory graphics and wild original lettering and airbrush work applied by Dick Scully. Showing 1,740 original miles, it was campaigned under Beswick’s moniker via the Chicagoland Pontiac Dealer’s Association to promote this exciting model release. Of course, a blacked-out grille and retractable headlamp covers added to the mystique. Delivered new at Frank Shaver Pontiac in Hammond, Indiana, this car has a black interior, factory radio-delete and Hurst floor shift. Period changes included American racing wheels, Firestone drag tires, aftermarket gauges and the crazy paint. Offered with its PHS documents and the associated racing and restoration photos and memorabilia, this is a Judge you can make a ruling on.

1954 Kaiser Special Restomod

Vehicle Details

  • Resto Mod

  • Pontiac Trans Am Subframe

  • 403 CID GM Engine

  • A/C

  • Leather Interior

  • American "Salt Flats" Wheels

  • Power Seats


1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

Vehicle Details

454 CID Engine

  • 4 Speed Manual Transmission

  • Correct 14" Wheels with BFG Tires

  • Power Steering

  • Power Disc Brakes

  • Factory A/C

  • Code 75 Cranberry Red

  • Code 787 Red Interior

  • Tach & Gauges

  • Owners Manual & Pre-Delivery Checksheet

  • Red Oxide Floors

  • Very Detailed Restoration

1965 Shelby Cobra Roadster 289

Auction Details

Auction: Russo & Steele Monterey

Date: Thursday, August 15th – Saturday, August 17th

Vehicle Details

  • Desirable late-production model w/ rack-and-pinion steering

  • Original colors of red with black leather interior

  • Recent, comprehensive restoration to factory specifications

  • Complete and extensive ownership history since new

  • A “clean” documented history in the Shelby American Registry

  • 2017 Hilton Head Island Concours d’Elegance – Palmetto Award

  • Accepted and shown on the field at Amelia Island in 2018

  • Retains ORIGINAL tag from AC CARS Ltd. w/ proper stampings

  • Extensive and exceedingly rare Factory Documentation:

  • Photo of car brand new w/ original owner in the summer 1965

  • Original Shelby American order sheet specific to CSX 2328

  • Original customer copy of the bill of sale & canceled check

  • Factory brochure, factory invoices, & photos of restoration

  • Factory side vents, Ford electrics w/ Stewart Warner gauges

  • Fitted w/ BRAND NEW chrome wire wheels & Michelin XWX tires

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback

Vehicle Details

  • KK no. 1886

  • 2 year restoration

  • One of 850 produced in 1969

  • Original build sheet

  • 2 shipping invoices

  • Deluxe Marti Report

  • Boss 429/375 HP 820 T engine

  • Close ratio 4-speed transmission

  • 3.91 Traction-lok rear end

  • Competition suspension

  • Front disc brakes

  • Power steering

  • Factory smog system

  • Rimblow steering wheel

  • Woodgrain interior accents

  • Black deluxe upholstery

  • Dual sport mirrors with left remote

  • 15 in chrome Magnum 500 wheels

  • Goodyear Polyglas F-60 tires

  • Red Oxide undercarriage with correct markings

  • Highly detailed throughout

  • Refinished in the original Candy Apple Red

1965 Ford Galaxie 500 M-Code "Cammer" 2-Door Hardtop

Vehicle Details

Property from a Private Ford Collection
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 M-Code "Cammer" 2-Door Hardtop
Chassis no. 5F66M100016


427ci SOHC M-Code V8
Dual Holley 4-Barrel Carburetors
657bhp at 6,000rpm 
4-Speed Manual Transmission
Coil Spring Front Suspension, Semi-Elliptic Rear Leaf Springs
4-Wheel Hydraulic Drum Brakes

*Factory Experimental Car
*Rare Factory M Code 427 "Cammer" Engine
*Banned by NASCAR
*One of the most powerful Fords ever made


THE FORD "CAMMER"

1965 was an exciting era to be working at Ford. During the previous spring the new subcompact Mustang had been released and the Rouge assembly plant could not make enough to fill the orders coming in. Ford's Total Performance program was in full-swing, and for the first time since 1957, a totally new full-size car was about to be released. Featuring a new squared off design signified by stacked headlights up front, sleek smooth even lines on the side panels, and a rear end design that was totally different, yet immediately identifiable as a Ford. Customers of these new Fords had a wide range of engines to choose from starting with a 240ci inline 6-cylinder rated 150bhp, up to the 427ci, "wedge head", dual four-barrel equipped 425bhp V8. 

However, Ford had one more engine that was of even higher performance than the R-code wedge head 427, one that evoked fear in the competition. One that was actually banned from the NASCAR race tracks before it was even allowed to strut its stuff. The SOHC 427, known affectionately by its fans as the "Cammer". 

During the 1964 NASCAR season, Ford was doing quite well, taking home the Manufacturer's Cup that year with 30 wins under its belt, more than twice its nearest competitor. However, Dodge and Plymouth cars, which together scored another 26 victories, were being powered by a totally new version of their legendary Hemi V8. Even though this motor was not available to the public, NASCAR officials sanctioned its use in competition. When Ford approached NASCAR with a request to install their new SOHC 427 in the Galaxie race cars, NASCAR said no! Officially the new Hemi from Mopar was advertised rated at 426bhp while the new Ford engine was capable of 616bhp with a single four-barrel, and up to 657bhp with a dual four-barrel arrangement. 

Not to be deterred, the SOHC 427 "Cammer" would go on to race in a newly created class within the NHRA, A/FX, or a factory experimental. There the "Cammer" was teamed up with the new Ford Mustangs in a limited run of fastbacks specially prepared by the shops of Holman & Moody. Drivers such as Les Ritchey, Bill Lawton and Bob Hamilton, seemed to dominate the quarter-mile strip, as well as the one of the all-time NHRA greats "Gas" Ronda. The engine also faired well in other NHRA classes with drivers like "Sneaky Pete" Robinson and Don "The Snake" Prudhomme in their Cammer powered rail-jobs. 

But what about putting the "Cammer" in a regular production car? If one looks at 1965 Ford-Mercury Shop Manual, on page 1-4, it provides a breakdown of the serial number codes. When looking at a 1965 Ford serial number, the factory installed engine was signified by the fifth character in the serial number or VIN. Looking through the list are two interesting entries. "L" for "8-Cylinder 427 Cu. In. (4V OH Cam) and the letter "M" for "8-Cylinder 427 Cu. In. (8V OH Cam). Indeed, it did appear that Ford may have well intended to release these mighty engines into actual street machines. Now, the question remains did Ford ever build any full-size Galaxies with either one of these two engines? 

THE MOTORCAR OFFERED

For many years, Ford operated a real-life top-secret operation out of Watkins Glen, New York. Likened to the U.S. Government's "Area 51" in Nevada, Ford's "X-Garage" was strictly off limits to anyone except those who had a "need-to-know". It was through this facility that 5F66M100016 emerged. 

For those who know how to breakdown the Ford serial numbers, there are several immediate red-flags. The first character, "5" represents the 1965 model year, the second character "F" shows the Dearborn, Michigan assembly plant. "66" signifies the Galaxie 500 2-dr hardtop, and then the letter "M", according to the Ford published shop manual shows the 427 Cu. In. 8V OH Cam V8 engine! 

A rather interesting curiosity about this car is the fact that the serial number shows it was assembled at the Dearborn assembly plant. During this time period, from about March 1964 onward, Dearborn was building the unibody Ford Mustang and not full-size body-on-frame cars. However, as our consignor reasons, this was an experimental unit, most likely hand built. While Ford did operate a pilot plant for regular production vehicles in nearby Allen Park, Michigan, it is assumed that this car was most likely assembled at Ford's engineering facility located in Dearborn, thus was given the "F" code designation in its serial number. 

The story goes, as related by our consignor, experimental cars and engines were sent to the "X-garage" at Watkins Glen. This was a test facility and prototype vehicles were put through their paces and evaluated. After testing Ford was supposed to send a special transporter to the pick-up the equipment and transport them either to another secret facility to either be further evaluated or ultimately destroyed. According to our consignor, occasionally, a car or an engine would fall through the cracks. Once testing was completed, the vehicles were stored outside and often left to the elements. 

One of the engineers involved in the project was a "Mr. Henderson". It is unknown if it was out of a sense of historical preservation or just because he might be able to re-purpose things down the road, that he would occasionally bring home a car or an engine or other experimental parts that were of no further use to the company. In a letter written by Mr. Henderson's son he explained: "After my dad passed away in 1980, my sister was the estate executor and would not let anybody see or sell anything from his previous years at Ford. She passed away in 1998 and we finally got to see and sell my father's possessions." 

According to the letter, that "M-code" Ford was driven on the streets for years before being parked in a field in the early 1970's. Around 1972-73, the letter writer's brother removed the "SHOC (sic) engine" from the car and installed it in a motorboat. The letter goes on to say that the brother later installed a 390ci V8 into the vehicle and took it stock-car racing before abandoning it on the family farm near Elmira, NY. After the passing of the sister, the two brothers divided up the left-over cars and engines which is when the current owner acquired the car. 

After 5F66M100016 was purchased it was transported to our consignor's shops. According to his recollection, when the car arrived it was not in the best of condition. The original data plate was missing from the car and there was little paperwork included. A full restoration of the Galaxie 500 took place which included locating a proper 427 SOHC "Cammer" V8. 

Using a bit of forensic research, the original color of this car was determined to be Springtime Yellow and that was replicated. It was also determined to have a basic black all-vinyl interior also replicated during the restoration process. NOS parts were used wherever possible which today provides a showroom fresh appearance. This car really warrants a close inspection with a keen eye for little details. Up front the headlights are protected by rarely seen clear glass headlight covers produced for Ford by Pyrex. The wheels were designed for high-performance operation, fitted with the basic hubcaps of the day and blackwall tires. Looking inside the car, there is nothing added to the interior that the factory would not have installed. Amenities are simple with only the Magic-Aire heater included. There are no horsepower robbing accessories included such as power steering or brake, manual roll-up windows and adjustable bench seat, and don't look for a radio, that's just extra weight. 

The car is presented in excellent condition and its performance has been tested only once or twice, according to the vendor, and has proven to be adequate. Our seller believes this is honestly of one-of-one and one that should not have escaped into the general public.

1957 Porsche 356A 1600 Speedster

Vehicle Details

1957 Porsche 356A 1600 Speedster
Chassis no. 83376
Engine no. P*65734


1,582cc OHV Flat 4-Cylinder Engine
2 Solex 32PB1C Carburetors
60bhp at 4,500rpm
4-Speed Manual Transaxle
4-Wheel Independent Suspension
4-Wheel Drum Brakes

*Delivered new to New York
*Only two careful owners in the 30+ years
*Retains matching numbers engine and original body panels
*Complete with original books, tools, and copy of its Kardex 


THE PORSCHE 356 SPEEDSTER

The Speedster's inspiration was credited to John von Neumann, Porsche's West Coast distributor, who had chopped down a Gmünd-built Coupe in the late 1940s to create a lightweight competition car. Explaining such a car's appeal Neumann once said: 'Guys want to go, on a Saturday night in June, down Sunset Boulevard with their elbow over the door and the girls can see them in the car.' Plus ça change ...

Instantly recognizable by virtue of its low, wraparound windscreen, its smaller and entirely retractable top, lower door waistline and twin bucket seats (all of which served to emphasize its sporting image), the Speedster was, in effect, an 'economy' model from Porsche intended to compete with the less-expensive British sports cars. The Speedster was powered initially by the 1.5-liter version of Porsche's horizontally opposed four, gaining the new 1.6-liter, 60bhp engine with the introduction of the improved 356A for 1955. Priced at $2,995, the Speedster was the lightest of the 356s, enjoying a commensurate performance boost that meant 100mph was possible. Combined with its renowned handling characteristics, the Speedster became an instant success in the burgeoning American sports car racing scene. Its combination of style, performance and value for money made the Speedster deservedly popular. Today the model, arguably the most handsome of the 356 variants, enjoys iconic status. 

THE MOTORCAR OFFERED

Completed at the Zuffenhausen-based Porsche works in the May of 1957, this sporting 356A Speedster was built in the transitional era of the T1 and T2 356A model production. The Speedster was finished from new in the sporting Rot (Red) color it wears today. The Porsche was equipped for the US market, and fitted with sealed beam headlights, US-type bumpers and gauges, and coupe seats. According to a copy of the car's original factory build record (better known as the Kardex) the new Speedster was exported to the US and delivered through Max Hoffman to its first owner in December of '57.

The Speedster would eventually make its way to the Republic of Texas from which is was acquired by the penultimate New Jersey owner in 1988. Shortly after his acquisition, the Porsche was shipped to Italy to be restored by Auto Sport in Modena. During this restoration the car was repainted in its original color but the interior—save for the dashpad—was retrimmed in the tan leather it wears today. It was also at this time that the U.S.-spec bumpers were replaced with the European examples currently on the car. Retained for nearly three decades, car joined the collection of the present owner in 2017. Sparingly driven in the prior 29 years, it was immediately sent to be mechanically and cosmetically serviced. The paint was refreshed while a laundry list of work occurred until the skin including rebuilding the transmission, axles, wheel cylinders, and carburetors, replacing the rear bearing, fitting a new fuel pump, doing a valve adjustment, flushing the entire fuel system, and finally installing a new set of Vredestein tires.

A nicely presented machine today, the car is complete with its original, numbers matching drivetrain as well as the original wheels and hubcaps that are date-coded to the car. Also included are the original tool kit, owner's manual, original sales brochure, and copy of the Kardex and 1988 Texas title. Not offered publicly in over three decades, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the ranks of the Kings of Cool including Steve McQueen and James Dean who owned and drove Porsche 356 Speedsters!

1970 Ford Mustang "Boss 429" Fastback

Vehicle Details

429ci OHV Q-Code V8
Holley 735 CFM 4-Barrel Carburetor
375bhp at 5,600rpm 
4-Speed Close-Ratio Manual Transmission
Competition Coil Spring Front Suspension and Semi-Elliptic Rear Leaf Springs with Traction-Lok Live Rear Axle 
Power-Assisted Front Disc and Rear Drum Brakes

*Authentically Restored and Presented
*Most Sought After Performance Mustang
*Show Quality Presentation Throughout
*Rare opportunity to be the "Boss"


THE "BOSS" MUSTANG

It is simply the most awesome regular production Ford Mustang ever created and it really deserves the name "Boss". Created as an outlet to market their mighty NASCAR 429 engine, which was actually used on the track in the Torino-based Talladega hardtops, this was not your standard 429 V8 with a few tweaks to make it go faster. Derived from Ford's "385" program, which was the last generation of big-block Ford engines ever developed, the Boss 429 would use four-bolt mains, forged steel connecting rods and a heavy duty forged steel crank shaft. Special cast aluminum heads were developed to mount to the block using what Ford termed "crescent" combustion chambers that were basically a modified hemispherical style system. These heads were mounted using the "dry-deck" method, which meant they were mounted metal to metal without a head-gasket. Each individual oil and water passage were sealed tightly using "O" ring style seals which proved to be very effective. 

When first developed, the Boss 429 engine used hydraulic lifter camshafts, but for 1970 a more secure system of mechanical lifters was incorporated into production. Another improvement that year was a modified exhaust system that reduced any flow restrictions to a minimum. Despite these improvements, Ford did not cite any increase to the horsepower ratings. Fuel induction for the Boss 429 was achieved through the use of a single, 735 CFM four-barrel carburetor supplied by Holley, which was mounted atop a specially ported aluminum intake manifold. 

NASCAR rules dictated that components had minimum production numbers to be properly homologated into the racing program, but NASCAR did not require that the components be made available to the public in the same configuration as raced. Thus, the production Talladega received a 335bhp version of the "Q" code 428 ci V8 matched to a C6 automatic transmission, which early competition versions were fitted with the FE block 427 ci side-oiler with the Boss 429 being introduced later in the season. 

There were major production woes to be addressed with the production of the Boss 429 Mustangs. Simply put, in pure stock form, the 1969 Mustang's engine bay would not accept the Boss 429 engine! Extensive hand re-working was needed for each vehicle and Ford turned to an ally in the Detroit area to help create these most powerful pony cars ever—Kar Kraft. The association of Ford with Kar Kraft dated back to 1963 and beginning of the GT40 project that would lead Ford to the winner's circle at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Kar Kraft was prepared to do whatever was needed to get a car put together and deliver the ultimate in performance. With the Boss 429, or the "Boss-9" as it is often referred to today, each car was specially prepared as it came down the assembly line at the Rouge assembly plant in Dearborn. But there were a lot of parts missing from these special Mustangs when they reached the end of the assembly process, most importantly, the engine and transmission. 

These incomplete cars were then transported in special carriers to the Kar Kraft facility. There they entered their second assembly line. First order of business was a rebuild of the engine bay, removing the strut towers and inner fenders, then a relocation of the front suspension mounts so as not to interfere with the mounting of the engine. Also removed from the engine bay was the battery, relocated to the trunk. A rear sway bar was fitted to help keep the car going in a straight-line during acceleration and on the road maneuvers. Engines were prepared at Ford and shipped to Kar Kraft where special mountings had to be built before the mighty V8 was shoe-horned fitting snugly under the hood. 

Other amenities added to the Boss 429 including the 3.91:1 "Traction-Lock" rear axle, and to keep track of the high-revving engine, a tachometer rated at 8,000 rpm was installed. Helping to keep the engine at an even operating temperature, an oil cooler system was added and finally a manually adjustable air-flow hood-scoop was mounted to the hood. Keeping the weight to a minimum, special ornamentation was missing from this car with a simple decal added to the front fenders proclaiming the car as the "Boss 429". The only other visual cues to this super Mustang's identity were the Magnum 500 wheels and a front spoiler to aid in providing a bit of downward force. One final touch was added, the application of a small silver sticker with the letter "KK" and found control numbers applied to the rear face of the drivers door either below the data plate for 1969 models, or the Federally required sticker on the 1970's. 

The final product was capable officially of 375 horses at 5.600rpm, which were artificially reduced so as to try and keep the insurance companies from going off the charts with premium payments and possibly trying to quell an uprising from government regulators. However, from contemporary tests of the day, it was shown this engine could easily attain up to 500bph at 6,200rpm, and with a few minor modifications, significantly more! 

THE MOTORCAR OFFERED

According to our consignor, he purchased this car in Kentucky from a Mr. Taylor who claimed to be an heir to the Taylor Ice Cream Machine Company. At the time of Mr. Taylor's purchase in the early 1980s, this Boss 429 was complete and running but had seen better days. Mr. Taylor sent his prized Mustang to a restoration shop that in the long run took his money, took the car apart and then disappeared. In the late 1990s, our consignor was in the vicinity to purchase an elusive Ford 427 "Side-Oiler" engine when he got wind that there was a Boss 429 with an owner who really wanted to see the disassembled car go away. After some quick negotiations, "Boss-9" KK2481 was on its way to the consignor's shop where it was treated to a full rotisserie restoration. During this process it was found that the body was in remarkably solid condition with only a minimum of body repair needed. Attention to authenticity was paramount in the restoration of the beauty including making an exact match for the Grabber Blue exterior. 

Mechanically the car seemed to run out quite well and all of the originally installed components were given a total rebuild, again paying strict attention to factory specs. Original markings that were still visible were replicated during the lengthy process. 

Once complete Boss-9 KK2481, was delivered to noted Boss 429 authority, Kevin Manely in Cannon Falls, Minnesota. There were only a couple of very minor details to which attention needed to be paid. Each was immediately addressed and with the Boss brought back to the factory levels of fit, finish, and overall quality as delivered new from Kar Kraft. 

Occasionally shown but carefully kept, this Boss has driven only the 15 miles on the odometer since the restoration was completed nearly 10 year ago. The paint appears to be without issue as do the sheet metal panels lined up and gapped to the tolerances as seen from the factory. As stated above, the Grabber Blue paint, reflected by code "J" on the build tag, is a perfect match for that high-impact color that defines the era into which this car was born. One of the few exterior differences between the 1969 and 1970 Boss 429's was the hood scoop was painted matte black, which has been correctly captured on this example. Looking inside the car, the interior's white Comfortweave vinyl bucket seats and all other appointments looks just as it must have when delivered new from the factory, down to the plastic covered floors—even the pedals are wrapped in protected plastic. All the glass is pristine with proper factory markings and factory applied decals are in place including the inspection stickers that were applied to the car as it rolled off the assembly line. 

As fans of the Boss 429 celebrate this mighty Mustang's 50th Anniversary this year, the offering of this car allows you to buy effectively a brand-new example, half a century after this beast first roared to life.

1954 Buick Special Custom Coupe "G54"

Vehicle Details

TThis one-of-a-kind 1954 Buick Special custom coupe known as “G54” is a true masterpiece. It was custom built by Rad Rides by Troy and featured at SEMA. The story behind the build is adding German engineering to an American Icon. This was a no-expense-spared build with hundreds of thousands of dollars invested. Tons of time was spent on design and fabrication work. The Mercedes-Benz donor parts were from a G55 model, so it only made sense to nick name this car “G54.” The exterior design was simple, keeping the classic lines of the Buick. Great attention to detail was spent on the body fitment and lines. The car was painted a two-tone combination of Cognac and Chocolate Milk, which dresses this car beautifully. The high-quality paint job is truly stunning. It’s equipped with modern headlights and 1962 Chevy taillights with custom-machined bezels. The rear bumper was custom made. The bumpers were tucked and some trim pieces were welded together for a smooth appearance. Everything but the front grille and side window trim was nickel-plated. It sits on one-off Billet Specialties wheels that are 18x8” on the front and 20x10” on the rear. The wheels were finished to match the car, including Buick and AMG logos. The exterior is complemented with a completely fabricated, custom, matching interior with Mercedes-Benz accessories. The cabin was insulated with Dynamat for comfortable experience. The headliner, dash pad, door inserts and rear package shelf were covered with Ultra Suede. The speaker grilles were custom-made and covered with Gibson amplifier cloth. The Mercedes Benz-front power seats, custom rear seats, door panels, kick panels, steering wheel and console were covered with distressed leather. Simulated wood trim and German square-weave carpet were added to complete the look. Some of the interior features include an Ididit tilt steering column, Juliano’s steering wheel, billet door handles, billet vent cranks, Vintage Air and custom-made 3-point seatbelts. The trunk compartment was upholstered to match the interior and is home to the dual XS Power batteries. The painted engine compartment was completely fabricated and is highly detailed. The hood is held with Billet Specialties aluminum hood hinges. It’s powered by a Mercedes-Benz AMG 5.4-liter supercharged V8 engine with an estimated 530hp. The engine is equipped with an Eaton supercharger, Big Stuff 3 fuel injection and MSD ignition. The engine was dressed with many custom pieces that give it a very clean look. The intake was designed into the inner fenders, which looks radical. The engine is cooled by a custom Griffin aluminum radiator with electric fan and radiator cover. The engine breathes through Mercedes-Benz headers and a 2-1/2” Flowmaster polished dual exhaust system. The engine is coupled to a Mercedes-Benz 5-speed automatic transmission. The power is transferred through a custom Ford 9” Eaton Tru Trac rear end with 28-spline axles and 3.70 gears. It’s equipped with a Mustang II power steering box. The painted undercarriage is highly detailed and mirror-quality. The body sits on a custom Art Morrison chassis for the ultimate ride. The front crossmember was narrowed and a 1970 Mustang fuel tank was added. It’s equipped with a C6 Corvette front suspension and a 4-link rear suspension with upgraded sway bars and RideTech shocks at all four corners. The braking system consists of a Mercedes-Benz power booster and master cylinder and Baer 14” 4-wheel disc brakes with 6-piston calipers. This is the ultimate Resto-Mod. This car has recently been serviced and detailed, which is documented with an invoice that is included.

1935 Ford Custom Roadster

Vehicle Details

This 1935 Ford custom roadster is powered by a 350ci 8-cylinder engine producing 400hp, mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. It’s equipped with air conditioning, and power steering, brakes and windows. The 1935 Ford boxed frame rails are powder-coated with tubular stiffeners, Mustang II front suspension, Ford 9" rear end, and RideTech air suspension with 3-step remote digital control. The interior is finished in dark tan leather complemented by a 1932 dash that wraps around the cockpit, floating vintage air control panel, 4" digital speedometer with custom Westach gauges, and concealed remote-controlled radio, CD and iPod sound system. This Roadster also has triple Demon carburetors, custom hand-built large capacity radiator, and a custom gas tank with recessed flip-down license and brake lights.

1969 Jaguar E-Type Series 2 4.2-Litre Roadster

Vehicle Details

Jaguar debuted the second series E-Type in 1968. Federal regulations in the United States, Jaguar’s most lucrative market, drove some of the changes, including revised lighting and the shift to a pair of Stromberg carburetors in place of the three SU units of earlier E-Types. Externally, the air intake was substantially increased in size, a change masked by larger, full-width bumpers that were matched at the rear to meet the U.S. low-speed impact requirements.

The well-proven 4.2-liter inline six-cylinder XK engine was little changed, although a higher-capacity water pump was fitted, taking advantage of the enlarged radiator air intake and better adapting the E-Type to warmer climates. The car was equipped with bigger Girling brakes with three-piston calipers at the front and two-piston calipers at the rear, while the interior now featured reclining seats as standard equipment. In short, the evolution of the E-Type meant that buyers of the Series 2 got a much better, more comfortable, and more reliable Jaguar—attributes that complemented its already well-established reputation for superior performance, handling, and looks.

This beautiful 1969 4.2-Litre roadster was restored some years ago by RM Auto Restorations. It has been meticulously maintained since and driven roughly 1,000 miles, used exclusively for shows. In 2017, the car was judged at a Jaguar Club North America event where it scored an impressive 991.7 out of 1,000 possible points. A six-point deduction for not having horns has since been alleviated, with fully functional horns installed. Given the improvement, the car would presumably score closer to that perfect 1,000-point mark. The car was recently mechanically sorted, which included a tune up; as well as a restoration of the braking and suspension systems.

The E-Type is arguably the most iconic road-going car Jaguar ever produced. This example, having been judged to a very high standard by marque experts and more recently benefitted from a mechanical sorting, is sure to impress future owners for years to come.

1961 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected'

Vehicle Details

The 1961 Chevrolet Corvette was formerly from the famed Homer Fitterling collection of Northern Indiana. It resided with the Fitterling family for many years and has just recently become available. The Corvette shows a well-maintained older restoration that has been carefully preserved, with many original features retained throughout.

This example is equipped with the highly desirable 315-hp, 283 cu. in., fuel-injected V-8 engine. As a $484.20 option, on top of the $3,934 base price, it is one of 1,462 Corvettes built in 1961 with this engine. The Corvette retains its original engine block, correct four-speed manual transmission, and a Posi-traction rear differential. The car also boasts a correctly coded fuel-injection unit for 1961, which has recently been professionally serviced. The distributor is also properly coded for a 315-hp engine.

This attractive Corvette is presented with wonderful chrome work that accents the beautifully presented Fawn Beige paint, with matching side coves. Adorning the exterior are factory “spinner” wheel covers, a driver’s sideview mirror, a factory hardtop, as well as a new, correct white soft top. The interior is trimmed in the factory color Fawn throughout, and is complimented by color matching seatbelts, in-dash clock, and a Wonderbar radio.

Offered at no reserve, this well-maintained and very well-driving Corvette is the ideal car to enjoy for the coming summer months.

1929 Packard Standard Eight Convertible

Vehicle Details

Packard’s 1929 models were known as the Sixth Series and saw straight eights become standard across all model lines, with the six-cylinder being phased out in that year. The so-called “Standard Eights,” such as the example offered here, rode a 126.5-inch-wheelbase chassis, with power from an all-new 90 hp, 319.2 cu. in. inline eight-cylinder engine backed by a three-speed manual transmission. Power from this large straight eight was nearly effortless, with superb torque and uncannily smooth acceleration all the way up to a top speed nearing 80 mph.

Underneath, the live rear axle with semi-elliptical leaf spring suspension provides superior comfort and road-holding ability, making this one of the most enjoyable pre-war cars to drive. The characteristic Bijur lubrication system makes routine maintenance less of a chore. Five disc wheels were standard equipment, but the dressy dual side-mounted spares, were an additional $130. They were part of the Deluxe Equipment package, which also included the chrome plating on the cowl band and cowl lamps, as well as an accessory trunk rack.

The convertible coupe offered here, an unusual and seldom-seen but highly attractive body style, is a perfect choice for touring. The car is finished in bright yellow paintwork over a rich green leather interior with a tan convertible top. The brightwork, including the iconic ‘tombstone’ radiator shell and Goddess of Speed mascot are beautifully done. In place of the usually seen disc wheels, the car is equipped with six body-colored wire wheels with blackwall tires and chrome beauty rings, an elegant and unique touch.

Nicely appointed, it is equipped with a Jaeger clock and North East combination speedometer and odometer and, underlining its status as one of the preeminent sporting automobiles for the well-heeled, it is equipped with a golf bag door. The car retains both its original body tag and a service tag from Packard Westchester Company, Inc., the very same dealer from whom the car was originally purchased.

A Classic Car Club of America Full Classic, this Packard will surely be the delight of any CCCA meet or CARavan tour.

1973 Ford Mustang Trans Am

Vehicle Details

Launched as the Trans-American Sedan Championship, the racing series was the Sports Car Club of America’s first attempt at a manufacturers’ championship formula for modified sedans and coupes. Over time, it has evolved into a drivers’ and manufacturers’ series for GT-style cars. Known simply as “Trans Am,” the series has been run on a variety of courses, from street and airport circuits, to temporary road courses and permanent race tracks.

The “Golden Age” of Trans Am is considered 1968 to 1972, when Penske’s Camaros, Mark Donhue’s AMC Javelin, and Parnelli Jones’ Boss 302 Mustang went wheel-to-wheel in contesting the championship. From 1973 to 1980, the formula evolved into what some have called a “clone of the IMSA GT Championship,” with modified cars, albeit with a conventional focus. By 1980, because of an SCCA handicapping formula, 2,600-lb., 5-liter cars dominated the field. Soon, the stock idiom had blown to the winds, and Trans Am had become a “silhouette series” with tube-frame cars exhibiting only a resemblance to the cars they were emulating.

This Mustang is one of two ‘body-in-white’ cars delivered to Warren Tope's shop near the end of 1972. Warren's father was a Vice President at Ford and with his pull was able to special order the cars, one for Warren and one of his good friend Ed Hinchliff. While Warren's car was quickly assembled by Tope Racing and immediately pushed to the track, the car offered here was slowly assembled by Ed Hinchliff of Hinchliff Racing, with Ed utilizing factory parts and Kar Kraft blueprints and the help of former Kar Kraft chassis engineers Lee Dykstra and Mitch Marchi in the construction.

Some of the features originally incorporated on this car were Girling four-piston aluminum brakes with large rotors, first developed by Penske Racing for their Trans Am Javelins; a factory Kar Kraft full floater rear axle with locker; a Ram Air intake system with a Holly NASCAR intake manifold; and a Jones tachometer.

According to SCCA log books included with the car, it was campaigned under two numbers. In October 1976, the car was registered under SCCA Identity No. 10-505 in the SCCA A Sedan Category. During this time the car was campaigned in a Ford blue and white livery. The log book contains a number of entries from the 1970s and early 1980s. In February 1979, the car was registered under SCCA Identity No. 79-142 in the SCCA Trans Am Category I. The log book carries two race entries from 1980, during which time it donned the Ford blue and white livery. The hood of this livery is included in the sale of the car.

In the late-1980s, owner George Boyd had the Mustang repainted in the colors he felt the car would have campaigned in had Kar Kraft completed their modifications. It was refinished in school bus yellow with a black hood, rockers, and spoiler; the livery the car retains today.

Included with this Mustang are blueprints of chassis components, documents from Ed Hinchliff when he was building the car and racing the car in period, and most importantly, the racing log books associated with the car’s SCCA tag. Although the car would require inspection and proper race preparation prior to track use, this period Trans Am Mustang, with its wide track, excellent aerodynamics, stiff chassis, and heavily upgraded powertrain, would be a force to be reckoned with in vintage racing even today.

SCCA NO. 10-505 - RACE RESULTS    DATEEVENTRACE #DRIVERRESULTOctober 30th, 1976Nelson Ledges Great Pumpkin Ed HinchliffN/AJune 26th, 1977Nelson Ledges Trans-Am11Ed Hinchliff17th OASeptember 3rd, 1977Road America11Ed Hinchliff32nd OASeptember 4th, 1977Road America11Ed Hinchliff27th OASeptember 11th, 1977Mont-Tremblant Molson Trans Am11Ed HinchliffDNFJuly 7th, 1979Wakins Glen25Ed Hinchliff16th OA     SCCA NO. 79 -142 - RACE RESULTS    DATEEVENTRACE #DRIVERRESULTMay 30th, 1980Hallet Trans-Am29Ed Hinchliff16th OAJuly 17th, 1980Road America Trans-Am29Ed HinchliffDNSAugust 23rd, 1980Trois-Rivières Trans-Am29Ed Hinchliff11th OA

1957 Pontiac Star Chief Convertible

Vehicle Details

Packard’s 1929 models were known as the Sixth Series and saw straight eights become standard across all model lines, with the six-cylinder being phased out in that year. The so-called “Standard Eights,” such as the example offered here, rode a 126.5-inch-wheelbase chassis, with power from an all-new 90 hp, 319.2 cu. in. inline eight-cylinder engine backed by a three-speed manual transmission. Power from this large straight eight was nearly effortless, with superb torque and uncannily smooth acceleration all the way up to a top speed nearing 80 mph.

Underneath, the live rear axle with semi-elliptical leaf spring suspension provides superior comfort and road-holding ability, making this one of the most enjoyable pre-war cars to drive. The characteristic Bijur lubrication system makes routine maintenance less of a chore. Five disc wheels were standard equipment, but the dressy dual side-mounted spares, were an additional $130. They were part of the Deluxe Equipment package, which also included the chrome plating on the cowl band and cowl lamps, as well as an accessory trunk rack.

The convertible coupe offered here, an unusual and seldom-seen but highly attractive body style, is a perfect choice for touring. The car is finished in bright yellow paintwork over a rich green leather interior with a tan convertible top. The brightwork, including the iconic ‘tombstone’ radiator shell and Goddess of Speed mascot are beautifully done. In place of the usually seen disc wheels, the car is equipped with six body-colored wire wheels with blackwall tires and chrome beauty rings, an elegant and unique touch.

Nicely appointed, it is equipped with a Jaeger clock and North East combination speedometer and odometer and, underlining its status as one of the preeminent sporting automobiles for the well-heeled, it is equipped with a golf bag door. The car retains both its original body tag and a service tag from Packard Westchester Company, Inc., the very same dealer from whom the car was originally purchased.

A Classic Car Club of America Full Classic, this Packard will surely be the delight of any CCCA meet or CARavan tour.

1954 Packard Caribbean Convertible

Vehicle Details

After surviving the Great Depression and World War II, the Packard Motor Car Company needed a car that would reestablish its once-prestigious perch atop the American luxury car market. For 1953, Mitchell-Bentley, of Ionia, Michigan, was sent 750 standard Packard convertibles, which they customized into a new, limited edition droptop, to be dubbed the Caribbean. With its highly distinguished design and luxurious appointment, including standard power everything, full rich leather interior, three-way radio with power antenna, and five Kelsey-Hayes chrome wire wheels, the Caribbean came to represent the penultimate expression of Packard quality, luxury, and style.

The model continued into 1954 with newly restyled headlamp rims, chrome trim added to the hood scoop, and lowered rear wheel housings, as well as two-tone paintwork, “Caribbean” script added to the rear fenders, and side moldings that swept off the beltline and slipped below the crest of the rear fenders into a distinctive taillight treatment.

This 1954 Caribbean convertible is offered from the Richard L. Burdick Collection. The top-of-the-line Packard for 1954, this car is finished in a superb two-tone blue over white and presents beautifully throughout. Nineteen fifty-four marked the final year of the original Caribbean design, of which only 400 were made. As a result, the 1954 models are the hardest to find of the first generation Caribbeans. This example, with its attractive presentation and countless luxury features is sure to impress.

1967 Plymouth Barracuda

Vehicle Details

* 360 cid V-8 Engine 
* Factory Manual 4-Speed Transmission 
* RARE: 1 of 4,228 
* Cosmetic Restoration With Custom Paint 
* Bucket Seats 
* Custom Stereo System 
* Custom interior with Center Console 
* Grant GT Steering Wheel 
* 4 Barrel Carb with Edelbrock Aluminum Breather 
* Chrome Moroso Valve Covers 
* 15" Classic Centerline Wheels 
* Selling NO RESERVE

1964 Chevrolet Corvair Monza

Vehicle Details

* 164 cid 6-Cylinder Engine 
* 3-Speed Manual Transmission 
* Air Conditioning 
* Fresh Paint 
* Matching Numbers Motor 
* Twin Carburetors 
* Club Coupe